The medical abortion involves taking Mifepristone and Misoprostol abortion pills as per the recommended dosage and regimen to end early pregnancy which has not aged past initial 10 weeks. These medications act together to create spams in the womb which assists in eliminating the conception parts [ embryo tissues] through vaginal discharge.
Even though the medical pregnancy termination procedure is one of the safest medical procedure, there are certain precautions to be taken prior to buying abortion pills online.
What are the things to remember while taking abortion pills?
Not all women are suitable to have pregnancy terminated with medication. This is because they may be suffering from some conditions or disease that may make them ineligible for abortion with abortion pills.
So, what are the aspects that may make one ineligible for medical termination of pregnancy?
- If the woman has an ectopic pregnancy
- If the pregnancy is past 10 weeks of maturation
- If the individual is suffering from heart/ liver/ kidney disease or condition
- If one has allergic reaction to anti-progesterone or prostaglandins, that is abortion medicines
- If the woman is on long-term corticosteroids
- Medical condition of any hemorrhagic disease of porphyria
- High blood pressure
- If one suffers from myasthenia gravis and myotonic/ muscular dystrophy
- If you are taking anti-coagulants
- Suffering from poorly controlled inflammatory bowel disease
- If the person has Adrenal failure
- If you have an IUD in place which cannot be removed prior to the procedure
- Medical condition of sickle cell disease
- If the individual has blood clotting problem
These are the factors that should be kept in mind before you buy MTP kit. If you are having the pregnancy terminated at home especially, you will need to know if you are eligible for medical pregnancy termination.
After checking abortion pill procedure eligibility
In case you do not suffer from aforementioned conditions then you are free to buy abortion pills online and have the procedure done at home. The procedure is standard and is as follows–
You will have to swallow one pill of Mifepristone of 200 mg dosage. This will be followed by a 24-48 hours break in between. After this step you will have to take the second medication, that is a prostaglandin analogue, like Misoprostol. You can take 4 Misoprostol pills of 200 mcg each- 800 mcg total and put the pills 2×2 in each cheek pouches for 30 minutes. Let the pills’ dissolve in the mouth naturally and then swallow the pills’ residue with water.
Most women start the abortive process within 5-6 hours of taking the pills, meanwhile others may take longer. The bleeding usually lasts for one week until the women has expelled all the pregnancy parts. For some it takes more than a week to stop bleeding, but that is normal.
After 2 weeks, i.e. 14 days you can have an ultrasound to confirm you had a complete and successful abortion. If you are using a home pregnancy test you must at least wait for 4-5 weeks before using it for accurate results.